Parking for Electric Vehicles (EV) at TCNJ
Welcome to the Office of Student Accounts – Parking Services – EV Charging
Green Hall Room 119
(609)771-3144 or (609)771-2172
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS & REGULATIONS
The TCNJ Electric Vehicle Chargers are located on the first floor of the Metzger Garage (Lot #7), in front of Lions Stadium. There are chargers mounted on the wall in front of the green reserved charging spaces. There are ten charging spaces available.
Charging your Vehicle
- Maximum charging time is 4 hours, after which vehicle must be moved to allow access to others
- Parking and charging between the hours of 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. is prohibited.
Regulations for ALL users
- Parking and charging in an EV space is available on a first come first serve basis. We do not guarantee that a charging space will be available for a participant’s use.
- Users must respect EV charging equipment and leave the charging space as it was found (e.g. wind the cord at neatly, place it back on the charger, and place the powerhead back into its holder).
- All other TCNJ parking regulations apply to the EV charging spaces. Please visit the following website for further information: https://parking.tcnj.edu/regulations/
- Users in violation of any EV charging station or Parking regulation are subject to TCNJ Campus Police citations, fines, towing, and/or revocation of service usage.
Instructions for Charging Vehicles
- Park your vehicle in one of the ten charging spaces
- Unwind the charging coil mounted on the wall
- Plug the charging coil into the vehicle
- The charger will then begin to charge the vehicle. Once the vehicle is fully charged, the vehicle should send you an email (depending on the vehicle model).
- Remove your vehicle once fully charged to your regularly assigned parking lot.
If an internal combustion (not electric) vehicle is parked in an EV charging space, please contact Campus Police at 609-771-2167.
If you have any problems or notice any damage to the EV charging stations, please contact Facilities at 609-771-2353.
Please note: The EV Charging Stations may be temporarily unavailable at times due to maintenance or special events. Notification of any service disruptions is, whenever possible, posted on the Parking Services website and broadcast via TCNJ email.